Call for Application
Civil Initiative (CI) Nepal, the authorized partner of the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) for Nepal invites the applications for IAESTE Nepal Scholarship 2015/16 for Nepali students.
IAESTE is a student exchange programme with over 86 member countries worldwide. Since it was founded at Imperial College London in 1948, IAESTE has exchanged more than 330,000 students, often as the first step in their international careers. Scholarships are available to undertake traineeships in science, engineering, technology, architecture and applied arts in different member countries worldwide.
The IAESTE programme offers you:
• Paid work experience in 1 of over 86 countries, primarily during the summer months
• Placements for undergraduates/ graduates in science, engineering, technology and architecture
• Course-related work in industry, research institutions, and the public sector
• Salaries to cover the local cost of living
• Organised social activities (in most countries)
• Assistance with work permits, visas and accommodation
• Practical guidance from Civil Initiative (CI) Nepal staffs during the application process
Duration and Eligibility
Most placements are for 8-12 weeks during the summer, but longer term placements are also available throughout the year.
Enrollment: You must be currently enrolled Full-time in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree but not recent graduates at the time of application and be studying one of the applicable disciplines
Age: You must be between the ages of 19 and 30
Language: You must speak good English. While most positions only require English, foreign language skills are sometimes preferred.
Application Deadline: All year round
Application Form: Application form can be available at CI’s office or you can download the Student Application Form here.
How to apply:
Students who are eligible will be required to submit:
• a completed application form containing a statement of purpose( not more than 1000 words) for each placement for which you are applying
• a copy of your C.V. including details of past work experience
• a scanned copy of your university transcript file showing grades and subjects studied
• a scanned copy of your certificate of enrolment from your university
• a signed letter of recommendation from your class teacher related to the course field you are applying for
• a scanned copy of the front outer cover of passport along with the picture page of your passport and citizenship card
• a bank voucher of NRS. 1000 (One Thousand Nepali Rupee) as application fee
• any other documents you consider important to your application
Selection, Nomination and Confirmation:
After the applications and internship preferences have been submitted, a selection panel will view all applications and one student will be chosen per placement according to qualifications, previous practical experience, language abilities, level of interests, and general suitability for the position. IAESTE Nepal will notify students who have been nominated to a position via e-mail. Please make sure that the e-mail address in your application form is accurate.
Once students are nominated, they will receive the actual position offer form detailing the internship and will be required to complete a nomination form which is to be returned to IAESTE Nepal along with NRS 15,000 ( Fifteen Thousands Nepali Rupees) program fee. The nominated students should deposit NRS 25,000 (Twenty five thousands Nepali Rupees) to be returned upon successful completion of the program after submitting the report to IAESTE Nepal. The program fee and deposit are refunded if you are not accepted or circumstances force the international employer to withdraw from the program. If internships are cancelled, it is usually due to economic concerns or unforeseen circumstances within companies.
IAESTE Nepal will forward all nominated applications to the IAESTE office in the host country. It is the responsibility of the IAESTE office in the host country to contact the employer and to verify whether the applications have been accepted.
After an overseas placement has been confirmed, IAESTE Nepal will advise students on work permits, visas and other relevant documentation. It is ultimately the responsibility of the participant to obtain the necessary visas/permits, as well as make flight arrangements. Participants will receive detailed information about requirements of the host country.
Fees and Financial Information
The initial application fee is NRS. 1000. Students will be required to submit the fee to the following bank details and submit the voucher along with the application
NEPAL BANK LIMITED
ACCOUNT NO: 2-11-75808
NAME: CIVIL INITIATIVE
ACCOUNT WITH BRANCH: NEWROAD
Nominated applicants pay a program fee of NRS. 15,000.
You should deposit NRS 25,000 that is returned once the final program evaluation after completion of the internship is received by IAESTE Nepal.
Participants are responsible for their own airfare, and please keep in mind that airfare is usually significantly higher during the summer months.
Participants are responsible for any visa, work permit, or other documentation fees. In addition, you are responsible for obtaining health insurance while abroad.
Overseas employers will pay a salary that will cover basic living expenses during an internship; the amount varies from country to country. This information will be posted for each position.